Monday, December 15, 2008

This section: not for word vomit.

I finally caved and started a blog. I had a really fun time decorating my page and writing about my husband, DR & I. I think this will be a healthy, fun way to get my thoughts out. Even if no one reads this, it will be good therapy for me. I'm a woman, which means naturally I have lots of thoughts and emotions. So instead of channeling those emotions through words that are sometimes unintentionally (or...ok, occasionally INtentionally) mean, I can think through those thoughts and write about them. This blog will not be a place to "vent" but rather a place to give praise, pose questions, meditate on God's truth, and wrestle with my thoughts.

And speaking of thoughts. My husband reminded me last night that they are not the enemy. It's the choice to dwell on them that becomes sin and gives the devil a foothold in our minds and hearts. But how hard is it to "take every thought captive?" as 2 Corinthians 10:5 says. Take ALL my thoughts prisoner? Lock them up and replace them with something pure? yeah, that's simple. NOT. But, I have found recently that the more I am choosing to take delight in reading God's word and bathe my mind in real, legitimate Truth, the more natural it is to combat sin. Not that sin will ever dissipate completely in my life, but having victory over an occurence of sin is so gratifying and empowering. You have to say, go God!

If you can't tell by now, I love Jesus. A little more than my husband and I'm praying that I will love him more and more than anyone else the older I get and the more I learn about him. He's a friend that never moves away, a husband that is always faithful, a parent that never abandons, a confidant like a sibling, a loving teacher, an all knowing physician, and so much more. He is everything we need. We just have to trust Him.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog!!!! I will be a faithful reader:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Aw man! I was hoping I'd beat Grace to the first comment, but I should have known ;) I too will read and comment continually! Can't wait. I love what you have written on the side. Just describing yourself you are challenging me! I can't wait to see what all you write about! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love <3