
...this is what my mentor, Jody prays that I have each morning. blanket victory. This means that I make the choice to throw (or my preference, kick) the blanket off and head to the coffee pot. Well, the 'pot' and then the coffee pot. First things first, ya know? I'm on my 2nd week of meeting with God in the morning and it is going fantastically. Although caffeine at 6:30 is a must, I feel unusually refreshed since waking up earlier. I think it's God rewarding me for spending time with him. And hey, if a reward/blessing comes in the form of feeling refreshed and awake all day long, I will take it!
I used to be a night time meet-with-God person which consisted of me praying in the dark under my covers until I fell asleep. I don't think the prayer lasted more than 2 minutes. Not good. So I decided that although the thought of waking up when it's still quite dark didn't thrill me, the choice of doing so has had many benefits. For example, I'm just a nicer person during the day. I'm more patient with my co-workers, I've been taking criticism more graciously (imagine that!), I get to brush my teeth with DR (hey it's time together these days), and I held my tongue on one occasion when I was about to verbally abuse my husband. Hooray!! Thank you Lord!
So for all of you night time devotioners, I am not knocking your time of meeting nor am I saying that God only blesses us if we meet with Him in the morning. He blesses us when we meet with Him period. He just wants a piece of our day, everyday. It's heart medicine and we need it. He will restore your soul as you read His Word. So find a promise and stand on it or a command a
nd meditate on it. Your day will be better because of it.
Check out http://girltalk.blogs.com/
I used to be a night time meet-with-God person which consisted of me praying in the dark under my covers until I fell asleep. I don't think the prayer lasted more than 2 minutes. Not good. So I decided that although the thought of waking up when it's still quite dark didn't thrill me, the choice of doing so has had many benefits. For example, I'm just a nicer person during the day. I'm more patient with my co-workers, I've been taking criticism more graciously (imagine that!), I get to brush my teeth with DR (hey it's time together these days), and I held my tongue on one occasion when I was about to verbally abuse my husband. Hooray!! Thank you Lord!
So for all of you night time devotioners, I am not knocking your time of meeting nor am I saying that God only blesses us if we meet with Him in the morning. He blesses us when we meet with Him period. He just wants a piece of our day, everyday. It's heart medicine and we need it. He will restore your soul as you read His Word. So find a promise and stand on it or a command a
nd meditate on it. Your day will be better because of it.Check out http://girltalk.blogs.com/
hear hear! I concur! And I like that term, blanket victory!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh...you two put me to shame. First of all, I can NEVER wake up in the morning these days...second of all, coffee makes me want to puke so I have no caffeine kick:) That being said, I have always read my bible in the morning and used to pray while i ran. However, my running has gone down hill these days and when I am running I just keep thinking "only 10 more minutes, only 10 more minutes." I am going to have to work out a new schedule because i can feel the lack of time spent in prayer...and I know Justin is suffering the consequences:)
ReplyDelete