D.R. & I went to NYC Saturday-Wednesday during his spring break. It was a lot of fun. We had both never been before so naturally we wanted to see all the sights. We stayed in Times Square at the DoubleTree. D.R. requested a high up room so we could have a good view. We started out Saturday by just walking around. Walking was the main way we got around. There is so much to see down every street but boy were our legs tired by dinner time. We visited the Empire State Building, took the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, walked through the financial district, took a picture with the bull, visited the World Trade Center Memorial museum next to Ground Zero, saw two broadway shows (Mamma Mia and Guys & Dolls), visited grand central station, the UN, strolled through central park and ate a hotdog, and snuck in some shopping inbetween :). And of course the food was awesome. We ate NY pizza (thin crust is the bomb). I like it super thin so I can fold it over and eat it. :) We made our way down to Little Italy and China town to sample the fare. Both amazing! Anyone we goes to NY has to eat in those two places. We also found a great little sushi restaurant right off Broadway called Aoki. It was such a cool place and great sushi! Our last night we ate Brazilian and man oh man what a feast. Tons of juicy steak, yuca (brazilian root thing... taste like french fry), platanos, black beans, and rice. Oh and some yummy passion mango juice. It was worth the ticket.
On Sunday night we went to a church service at Hunter College where Tim Keller speaks to college students (mainly). It was a blessing to fellowship with other believers in a city so filled with materialism and seemingly hopeless people. Tim Keller pastors Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. He helped me study Galatians. :)
I will never forget this trip with my husband. It was so exciting and special. I definitely want to come back (maybe with some girls so I can shop more and see more Broadway :))
Grace? Betty? any takers?
I love NY...the food is the best part:) Whenever people ask me what I loved about our honeymoon my answer is always, "the food." I must say that Manhattan is kinda overwhelming...I'm glad Susanna lived in Brooklyn...still great food and great shops but a little slower pace:)
ReplyDeleteaw man, next trip we're taking the subway to Brooklyn. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Just reading all y'all did makes me tired! I am so glad you both had such a great trip. And I am TOTALLY up for any girls trip (even if we couldn't get to NY anytime soon). The guys could all go camping somewhere and us girls (and baby Frye) could go somewhere less outdoorsy!
ReplyDeleteHey Danelle! I went to NYC for my spring break this year and we stayed in the Double Tree too! Weren't those cookies you got when you checked in delicious?! Glad you had a good time!! (This is Allie Stanton by the way) : )
ReplyDelete