Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco-de-Kiddos!

I just wanted to say that I am so incredibly thankful for the families God has put in our lives here in Mobile, AL. Just to name a few: the McSheas, the Steedleys, the Gunns, the Nelsons, the Spiveys, the Albertsons, the Moores, the Villacampas, the Reeds, the Bryars... I could go on but I'd probably name the whole church. The moms & dads in our church are parenting their children to know and love God from birth. They are teaching them that they are sinners with "black hearts" from the time they come out of mommy's belly. I heard one of the Steedley girls (4 yrs old) tell me that "no body is born good. we all have black hearts." I was blown away. What a proud moment for a mom & dad to see how the Truth is penetrating even the youngest of hearts. True belief & true repentance is evident in these young children and it's only because of the parents commitment to consistently lead them "in the way they should go"; always talking about Him "on the road, while they sit at home, or lie down". Jesus Christ is not just a character in a book. He's a best friend. As 4 yr old Becca said, "mommy is my best friend!...well after God." I could cry that's so precious!!! We ate Mexican with a couple of these families last night and I was so over-joyed to sit back and watch the moms & dads parent in a Biblical, God-honoring way. I pray one day, God will give me the grace & strength to do the same.

Happy Seis de Mayo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love <3