Just when I think Sara Groves can't dig any deeper into my soul, she does. In her new song "It's me" she discusses the hardships of marriages saying,
"Sometimes when Troy, my husband, and I are in the midst of a disagreement, one of us will say something that's really sarcastic or just so overt. And being on the receiving end of that, it's like, 'Honey, it's me ... Sara.' Or vice versa. We just forget who we're talking to and the value of that person. For whatever reason, you cross that line where sensitivity and tenderness are discarded. You'd never talk to anyone else like that or treat someone else like that. Troy and I are working on that--talking to each other and interacting with each other in those situations in the way we would a complete stranger."
What a smart gal. I know I don't think highly enough of my husband, D.R. as I should. And often, I think he's out to get me and take his words to seriously and miss a simple, fun-intended joke. Although, anything that requires saying, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." shouldn't be said in the first place. My husband & I are learning to treat each other with more consideration; like we would an elder at our church. It's pretty sad when I show my boss/pastor more respect that my own husband. Oh, I need more grace.
Here’s the new video for the song “It’s Me”
Click Here To Watch
I always love Sara Groves and her in your face truthful lyrics. That is something Matt and I are working on as well. It's shameful how I will go out of my way to be nice to other people, then be SO rude to Matt.
ReplyDelete