Wednesday, September 12, 2012
lovies
These are my lovies [things i love] lately:
The cool breeze that hits my face as I walk out the door in the morning. Glorious!
Dri-fit capri pants. I could live in those things. I have gotten fearless- I wear them to Publix, the post office, Target... even walked around the mall in them. ha!
Pumpkin flavored things. Coffee, candy, cookies, muffins, creamer, mmmmm! I need to run to Publix and buy pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle on my cereal in the morning.. ooooo, are they still open?
31 Days of Grace Devotional book by MTW (Mission to the World). It's gotten me back on track meeting with my Savior in the morning. It's short but deep and so refreshing. There's nothing like morning God time. It sets me on the right path for the day.
Instagram. Why oh why did I start? I'm 100% addicted. :)
Running with Kaci Lesley & Madison Montgomery. I was getting burned out with running but since running with those 2 ladies, I have a renewed love for the simplistic sport. Kaci is full of life at 6:30 a.m., always filling my ear with fun stories and really... waking me up! She is a consistent woman. I have loved learning about her life as the wife of a music minister, as the director of Teen Advisors, and mother to one adopted precious little boy. And Madison, sweet, gentle, determined Madison. She's the strongest 18 year old I know. Both women inspire me in running and in life. Like training for a marathon (which they are both doing), life is about just keeping going with the little things- being faithful to the end. Even when it hurts, you know you must keep pushing through to receive the blessing. I hope I can train for a full marathon one of these years.
The women in my church. I know you don't know these women but God does- and they are precious. Allison Ross, Susie Trammell, Kathy McGilberry, Bridget Adams, Bridget Bohannon, Brooke Douglas, Jolynn Morris, Betty Schuster, Marnie Reynolds, Alicia Newton, Liz Thorne, Dot Emerich, Margaret Sue Mosley, Alicia Mason, Cam Addison, Lea Moore, Juli Pope, Jackie Fleenor, Anna Rodeheaver, Diane McGowan, Dorothy Bryant, Sarah Zevak, Pilar Cobb, Kacky McLendon, Bess Kendrick-Holmes, I could go on. I have been missing out on getting to know these women. No more. I am determined to invest more time in women's lives- to get to know them and to BE KNOWN by them. That's hard for me. Trusting people with my crap. But we are made to live in fellowship- to bear one another's burdens and rejoice in joys together!
Zumba music. I love it! I listen to it in my car constantly, 1) because I need to practice the dances in my head but 2) I just love the beats.... haven't a clue what they are saying as it is in espanol (ha!) but da-gone if my hips and shoulders are uncontrollable when that music is on! Fun stuff, my friends! I really can't wait to start teaching it!
Cinnamon. I can't eat my cereal in the morning without it sprinkled on top. I loveeeeee cinnamon. Spicy, sweet, warm goodness! I can't wait to bake with it when it gets chilly outside.
Mint mouth wash. I think you're only supposed to use it twice a day but I do it at least 3x. I have to keep myself from swallowing it. That's weird.
Champ face. Just his cute face. I could look at it all day long.
Watching football with D.R. I know, that's weird too. But it means a lot to him and I love seeing him so passionate about something. It's fun to celebrate victories with him. :)
Well, that's about it. Happy Thursday! Get outside, Fall is creeping in!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
waaaaahoooooo! it made my day to see that you blogged...then all the sweet things you said about our runs! how fun. i am loving my mornings with you girls as well. i am super thankful for our growing friendship. what a precious blessing YOU are in my life :)
ReplyDeleteMuch to be thankful for:) Reading your post before this...when does DR deploy? Be praying for you.
ReplyDelete