A Paul- someone who mentors you. Who speaks the truth in love and calls out sin in your life as to make you more Christ-like. An older, wiser, woman (if you're a woman) who knows your deepest heart struggles and still loves you. I've been blessed with a new mentor named Allison Ross. It's funny how much I'm like her. We share a love for exercise, Jason's Deli and have had a very sanctifying marriages thus far. She's been married a lot longer than I and therefore I can learn a lot from her- how she's trusted the Lord through so many different seasons of marriage.
A Barnabas- a peer who is walking through life with you. Someone around your age who is right there with you when you need someone who just "gets it". I'm thankful to have that in my sister and in a friend here in Columbus.
A Timothy- someone you can pour your life into and teach. Younger women who are seeking to honor the Lord about 10-20 years behind you. I have been given many Timothys right now in my life. I get to pour into teenage girls almost every day of the week. It's such a blessing. Here is a picture of the girls who attend my Wednesday morning Bible study. We've been studying the 5 points of Calvinism.
From left to right: Bekah Moon, Alana Roper, McKenzie Bragg, Aimee Green & Madison Montgomery.
A group of beautiful girls, Danelle! So glad you have all those women in your life.
ReplyDelete