(idea borrowed from Tricia Butts)
Here are a few of my favorites from 2008.
Song: When the Saints by Sara Groves. Still the most powerful song I've ever listened to. It's a song reflecting on the Biblical patriarchs and other heroes who stood up for Christ during their lifetime. Sara Groves music in general is just good stuff. Convicting and at the same time soothing to the soul. Check her out!
Movie: Fireproof. If you've seen it, you know why it's my favorite.
Book: Galatians by the Apostle Paul. I have only begun to really study the word of God within the last two years and the most recent study in the book of Galatians was the spiritual medicine that my heart needed. If you want to know how many "laws" you try to keep in your own life, you need to read this book of the Bible. Many times.
Comfort food: (not that you should find comfort in your food but...you know what I mean) Santitas tortilla chips with sour cream and salsa. First: dip chip in sour cream. Then dip chip in cup of salsa. Munch. I could eat this tasty snack at any hour of the day. It is my weakness. When I come home for lunch everyday, I have to tell myself to actually make a healthy meal and not snack on chips the whole hour. lol I have salty taste buds.
T.V. show: 24 and Lost are close competitors but I'm gonna have to vote for 24 in 1st place. How do you not love Jack Bauer? He is the man. If you can bear a few terrorist torture scenes this show is incredible! Monday nights 9/8 c on FOX.
Bible Passage: Galatians 6:14 "May it never be that I should boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." I boast a lot on the inside. I carry a lot of inside pride disguised as "humility". So this verse continues to redirect my attention to the cross and off of my tiny, helpless self. Thank you God.
Article of Clothing: the high waisted belt. What a great concept. Shrinks your waistline. Genius! And it just looks really cute.
Restaurant: Camille's Sidewalk Cafe. Kinda like a Panera only with 10+wrap/panini options! Oh and all served with chips and salsa so you KNOW I'm lovin' that! They also have unique pizzas, the best fruit salad and 20+ tea flavors to choose from. Not sure if it's located anywhere other than Mobile.
and that is all I can think up. :) Hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Song: would have to be "Who Am I" Casting Crowns...long story to go with that. Movie:? Book of the bible...would have to be Genesis-Deuteronomy. I tend to stick to the New Testament and forget how much there is to learn in the Old Testament. It's been fun re-reading all the stories my parents taught me when I was little. Until pregnancy chips were my weakness (the thought of them now makes me want to hurl)...now it would have to be sprite. I have always HATED any carbonated, sugary drink...until this phase of my life. Favorite TV show of 2008 and every other year until it ends...The Office. I can't even think article of clothing right now...but I guess it would have to be this amazing dress i bought from Express in the summer. Sadly it will be a long long time before I can wear it again. My favorite restaurant would have been the Bonefish Grill or this place Justin and I visited in Toronto called Kit-Kat. However, my pregnant stomach has to go with Spencer B's BBQ:)
ReplyDeleteI too am really enjoying the high waisted belt look! It has changed my whole style!
ReplyDeleteCaleb and I got into Lost last year on abc.com and we watched all three seasons in about four weeks. All we did was eat, sleep, and watch more Lost. I am totally pumped about this new season!!!!
I would have to agree with you on "The Saints" by Sara Groves. I have that CD in my CD player right now! But I will have to agree with Grace about The Office. I am watching it right now! Well, that show and Friends. Always Friends! That Camille's place sounds so neat. Maybe next time we come to Mobile we can go to some neat little places like that!
ReplyDelete