
So as I'm driving home from a funeral on my lunch break this afternoon, crying my eyes out b/c I'm so affected by these parents love for their deceased, unborn child of 5 months, I taste my salty tears and suddenly become hungry for a salty snack. I know, what a shift of emotions, right? Well God had a plan.... hang in there with me. LOL
So I pull over at the Citgo gas station right next to our church and mosey on in to find my salty fix. I spot white cheddar popcorn and begin to salivate. haha
At first I reach for the 99 cent BIG bag- back label 15 grams fat EIGHTEEN % daily fat intake. I decided to search for a smaller fattening portion. And then, I look down. On the bottom rack (strategically placed where no one with raging snack hunger would look) is 35 cent bags of assorted salty snacks.....yes, 35 CENTS! And amidst the pork rinds and dill pickle flavored chips was one Brim's white cheddar popcorn bag. It was glorious. Small portion. Small price. BIG flavor! I paid my 35 some odd cents and walked happily out the door. Stuffed them into my purse and drove the 100 yards to my church office door.
Once in my office, I wasted no time in popping the bag open and indulging. After the first handful, I turned the bag around to check the nutritional value... eh, nothing to make me grow big and strong but oh the flavor!!!
As my eyes glance down the back label of the bag, all the way down on the left hand side was a Bible verse. Yes, a BIBLE verse!
John 17:3 "and this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
How cool is that!? I thought, "God, you always show up in the most peculiar places but this takes the cake."
Although, I enjoyed the fattening, delicious snack, I was left with a deeper satisfaction; my spiritual hungry was quenched far beyond my physical hunger. God had once again spoken to me and left me feeling like all I need is Him. He gives life and life ETERNAL.
Where has God shown up in your life lately?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave some comment love <3