Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Staying Healthy

I will admit lately I have developed bad eating habits. I love chips and salsa or dip (of any kind) which means I should never buy it or I'll devour it all in two days. Plus I made the mistake of buying a mix of chocolate eggs (butterfinger, crunch, caramel, milk) to put on my desk at the church (...for the kids, don't judge lol)... little satans wrapped in colored tin foil is what they are. Back to 0 cal. jolly ranchers. I'm going home this weekend and I know I'll eat more than usual as my mom cooks all my favorite things and treats me to fun restaurants. I need to exercise some self control with the snacking. It's becoming a little crazy.


On a positive note, I have started to exercise to this video called Pure Barre. It's a fusion of pilates and dance- right up my alley. It's already produced results in the backside/thigh area which is very encouraging. The lady on the video says ,"ideally you don't want your seat to look like a pancake. you want it to have some shape." Ha! Yes ma'am I do. Pancake seats are for old men, not for this 25 almost 26 yr old gal. It's really fun too- hard work but fun. Pure Barre along with teaching dance during the week has saved my figure. I'm blessed to work half days right now which allows for walks/runs at the park, doing my 45 min PB video or just stretching. Fitness always makes me feel more alive and I know I'm doing my heart some good. If interested go HERE and check our Pure Barre. Two of my sorority sisters opened a branch in Birmingham (ahem... Betty) and are fabulous at teaching. (i hear)


happy hump day (wednesday)!!!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, that is just the thing your friends need, a whining pregnant lady in their class ;) But after September, I will definitely have to give it a try. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with your family. I will be praying for you as you travel! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love <3