Monday, February 20, 2012

Running

It feels so good to accomplish a goal I set before me. I'm grateful that I completed my training injury-free and really enjoying every minute. I ran a half marathon this past Sunday. Something that if you would've asked me in high school if I'd do, I would've laughed in your face. I developed a deep love of the "sport" about 5 years ago while at Samford and was an "on again- off again" runner for a few years. In the last year, I can actually say it's just part of my life. I can't wait to lace up and get in my car and drive to whatever trail I feel like that day. Running. You only get out what you put in. The sport of one. The opposing team is the voice in your head that says, "just walk." "you're tired." There's no one to blame but yourself if you set out to do 4 miles and only do 1.5. I praise God that I was able "to run with perseverance the race marked out for {me}." Running has helped me trust God. Pushing through the exhaustion and "hilly trials" he brings my way in life has been much like my journey in running. It's as if He carries me through every mile whispering "I'm the one enabling you to do this." I'm thankful for the ability to run and hope to do it for as many years as God (and my body) will allow me.

The video D.R. made of my race is too large to upload, but here's the link:
Danelle Half Marathon

Here's a pic from the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love <3