Hello all! Sorry it's been over a week since I last wrote. Life happens, ya know? And boy did it change for me this past week.
Last Monday, my boss at the real estate co. called me into her office and regrettably told me that they were having to cut my hours back since the company as a whole was suffering from this economy. I was very understanding but at the same time bummed. I knew this would squeeze DR & I a bit financially but I was confident that we would be alright. That night I sent an email to a bunch of ladies from my church, asking for prayer and inquiring about any job positions they knew of. Tuesday morning, our church administrator, Jen called me and asked if I would like to come in and talk to Pastor Jim about her position which will be available soon since she is way prego and due Feb. 19th! I said, "sure".
Now, this church position has been available (on the low down) for a couple months. At the beginning when I knew they would be looking for someone, I was intrigued and thought, "hey, a job at the church....sounds awesome." But after wrestling with my feelings of inadequacy I determined that I was not cut out for the job. I don't view myself as a detail-oriented, super communicative person and that was basically the job description in a nut shell. Well, God wasn't going to let me loose on this. And He sure wasn't going to let me think I had any credentials of my own to offer, cuz I don't! After meeting with a much trusted friend over lunch on Tuesday (1/27) I gained a renewed sense of where my confidence is found- in Christ alone.
His power is made perfect in my weakness (and inadequacy). So why should I limit what God can do with me? I was certain that I should go forth with the interview.
Wednesday morning I met with Jen and Pastor Jim and discussed the job description in full. Thursday I met with two elders and Pastor Jim to discuss what's expected a little more in depth. At the end of that meeting, I was offered the job. Two hours later, after discussing it with D.R., I accepted with a great peace in my heart and an indescribable excitement in me.
I still have those feelings of doubt arise at times, but I know that God is able to extinguish them. When He calls, He equips. He never calls the seemingly "equipped" so that it's nothing we can boast in. I know some of you may be struggling with feelings of "I just can't do this. I'm not fit to be.....(fill in the blank). " "Someone else is better suited to do this." The enemy will try to tell us we are not capable of things but God says in His word that with Him ALL things are possible. Not some. ALL things. That's a promise from God! How encouraging! I am going to choose to believe that as I start my new job at Grace Community Church as the church administrator. God is the one who will be speaking through me and willing me to work with excellence for Him.
So be obedient when you're called! It's scary. The path is uncertain. But our God will be a lamp for our feet and a light for our path.
For now, I must be faithful to finish my time here with the real estate co. and work as hard as possible to leave a positive imprint. I need to remember that God can receive glory anywhere, and SHOULD receive it all places. Work for the Lord, not for men.
I hope everyone has a joyFULL rest of the week.
SOOO exciting danelle! I have full confidence in you for this position! Can't wait to hear about it once you start! (also cant wait to see you NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!)
ReplyDeleteyay! Me either Cantrell ( Sorry I will always call you that) Thanks girl!
ReplyDeleteDanelle, I am so happy for you! What a great new job AND ministry for you. When do you start this one/finish with your old job? Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job! Sounds like you are really going to enjoy it.
ReplyDelete