

One of my best friends from college got engaged a couple weeks ago. This past weekend she and her new fiance came to stay with us. It was a blast! They are so fun together. Emily "Whitty" whom I affectionately call "Whitty" met Parker at Focus on the Family out in Colorado. Parker boldly asked for her number but Whitty declined because she was dating someone else at the time. They became facebook friends and as soon as her status changed to "single" Parker didn't hesitate to send her a message and ask for her number. He continued to pursue her and eventually gave up a career with mini-league baseball in Texas and moved to Birmingham to be near her. They are to be wed in mid November at Reid Chapel on Samford University's campus. I have the honor of being a bridesmaid. My first bridesmaid experience- I cried when she asked me. She's been a dear friend since my very first days at Samford- always demonstrating trust, loyalty and purity. We were accountability partners throughout college and studied the book of James during many lunches at SU. She's one of the classiest women I know and I'm so thrilled I get to share her wedding day with her and Parker! D.R. & I love you guys! Thank you Lord for Godly friendships.
That is so exciting, congratulations to them! I am so glad y'all got so spend quality time together over the weekend. That will be such a beautiful wedding in November (and I am glad you will have an excuse to stay with us ;))
ReplyDeleteawww yes and play with baby Levi Grant!! I can't wait!! :) love you!
ReplyDelete