I can't talk highly enough about the work out that I have fallen in "burning"-love with! :) Pure Barre. A fusion of pilates and ballet.
Lift. Tone. And Burn, Baby Burn! It's a 45 minute full body workout that will flatten abs, lift the seat, tone your thighs and give you well-defined arms. It works every area a woman could want to work - arms, thighs, butt and abs. It's amazing and addicting. Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretch section which will help achieve the slim look of a dancer. While my whole body is stronger and leaner, I can see the most difference in my thighs. They've always been my "problem, fat-gathering" area. I've never been able to achieve leaner, tighter thighs. I tried running 3-4x/wk, weight workouts 3-4x/wk and could not achieve the results I wanted like PB does. And the burn!! oh the burn!! it is like dark chocolate! you just want more and more. I have such a feeling of accomplishment after a "burn-session" and I've done my sweating for the day in 45 minutes!! I still try to run 2-3x/wk b/c it's a stress reliever for me but honestly PB is all you need to melt the fat. I own the original workout dvd which is no longer available on www.purebarre.com but can be purchased on amazon. It's the first dvd that comes up when you search "pure barre".

Carrie Rezabek Dorr (creator/founder) has since put out 5+ dvds and they are all great. Basically the same muscle groups worked in different ways. If you live in a city that has a PB studio, join! It is so encouraging to be in class with 20+ other women who are burning with you! It is a bit pricey so I recommend owning a dvd and taking one class/week. I look forward to the day PB comes to Columbus, GA! Two of my sorority sisters, Danielle Davis & Lindsay Lancaster own the studios in Birmingham and they are the ones who inspired me to try PB. I was hooked after the class I took from Lindsay! I wish I had a studio here to teach at but I'll continue to lift, tone, burn in my living room! So if you're looking for a great workout that's quick (but not easy) and effective, try Pure Barre.
Sounds like something I will definitely be ordering after I have this baby. I cannot wait to get back in shape...between that, running and yoga..surely I'll burn this extra fat:)
ReplyDeleteyou'll do it girl! You've got a lean build to begin with.
ReplyDelete