Friday, August 12, 2011

work: a blessing

Back in April I was hired to work as the high school administrative assistant at Calvary Christian School. This job has been wonderful for me. I feel like it is tailored for who I am and that who I am is being tailored for this position. It's such a privilege to work around other believers. I have held jobs in the corporate world and in the christian business world and the difference is remarkable. (as it should be) I love the women and men I work around 40 hours a week and love the high schoolers I see roaming the hallways. We just finished teacher orientation week and talked about everything mentioned in the student and faculty handbooks. It was exhaustive but lots of great information. Our mission statement made me love this school even more. It says this:

Calvary Christian School exists to encourage students to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, develop a Biblical worldview, attain their individual academic excellence, and fulfill their God-given responsibilities in the home, church, and community.

I love the choice of words. "encourage" students. "attain" "individual" academic excellence, "responsibilities". Such great exhortation for our young, bright minds! The education world requires a lot of one's time and energy. I love our teachers and admire them so much for the endless hours they put in to give our students the very best educational experience they can receive. No one works at a Christian school because of the salary. Every teacher and staff knows that we would be paid twice what we make if working in the public school system. Every co-worker of mine is at Calvary because God wants them there and gave them a love for children. If you would've asked me a year ago what would make me most joyful, I would've said, "having a baby and being a mom". My response now is "serving the Lord joyfully in whatever capacity He has me". I feel like I'm right where He wants me to be. For now, my "children" are the 147 high schoolers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love <3