
Andrew Peterson is a favorite song writer of mine. His lyrics reflect his struggle and desire to trust in the sovereign God and his songs soothe the weary soul. My friend, Betty, told me about Andrew a while ago and I greatly enjoy listening to his work. He is a gifted writer and musician. "Dancing in the Mine Fields" is one of my favorites!
I found this blog from Tim Challies blog and I was so excited to add it to my blog roll. Andrew's post on his appreciation for Steven Curtis Chapman (who I grew up listening to) is heart-warming.
Enjoy
www.rabbitroom.com
The Rabbit Room was conceived as an experiment in creative community. After author/singer/songwriter Andrew Peterson’s first visit to the Oxford home of C.S. Lewis, he returned to Nashville with a renewed conviction that community nourishes good and lasting work. The Rabbit Room, the name of the back room of the pub where the Oxford Inklings (including Lewis, Tolkien, and Charles Williams, among others) shared their stories, was begun as an online bookstore, music store, and blog with contributors who are authors, songwriters, artists, and pastors. From the beginning, Andrew planned to create a bricks-and-mortar version of the Rabbit Room–a coffee shop, bookstore, and meeting place with which to bless the Nashville community.
I used to fall asleep every night to Andrew Peterson in college...adore his music, his lyrics and his unique voice.
ReplyDelete