Wednesday, March 21, 2012

cartoon conviction


This made me laugh....

and feel convicted...

(thank you Ruthie Dean for the picture)


I wish it was that easy to captivate thoughts and bring them under the obedience of Christ. I really struggle with that. Especially in the area of self-worth.

Here's some recent thoughts that I have had to take captive...

"I'm stupid. I forgot what rank my husband is in the Army."

"My hair looks ugly today. All the high school girls are gonna notice & point it out."

"My thighs feel loose. I need to run an extra mile today."

"Did that granola bar have 200 calories and 12g of sugar in it? Ok, small lunch today."

"Her house is so much more inviting than mine. I'm not hospitable."

There's no bigger enemy than my own heart. It is a master deceiver. Jeremiah 17:9 says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"

I am comforted by verses like John 17:16-17: Jesus' precious high priestly prayer for his saints (us, believers),

"They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth."

Wherever you are in life: single gal, married woman, young mother, working empty-nester, widowed servant, it's good to be reminded that we are eternally valued in knowing Christ. He makes us beautiful and reminds us of His truth.

What do you struggle to believe? What lies are you buying into?

2 comments:

  1. I love your honesty. Thanks for sharing your heart and helping me know I'm not alone in my struggles. I can definitely relate to the struggle of taking my thoughts captive. You're precious, and I wish I had gotten to know you better when you were in Mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robin. It's so good to hear from you. I wish I had gotten to know you better in Mobile too. I always admired you as a mom and wife. :) I miss my GRACE family more than you can know.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love <3