Friday, April 27, 2012

"If you're married, he IS the right man."

I forget where I read that but it humbled me and made me thankful for the man God chose for me. There's been one or two....heck who am I kidding, 1,000s of times when I've looked at the man sitting in the recliner across the room and thought, "now, how did I ever marry you??" and then there have been 10,000 more times when I've said, "now THIS is why I married him!" That's marriage. You see the sinner and the saint- almost always at the same time...every. single. gosh. dang. day. Marriage is tough stuff. As each year passes, you often feel like a student in a new class asking, "who are you?" There are times when you feel like you have to re-learn who your spouse is- and that is such a sweet, adventurous thing! As we both mature in Christ, it's exciting to discover new passions and hurts that the other has. I wouldn't trade my relationship with D.R. for any amount of happiness described with any one or any where else. He is my guy. He is home. I read this blog post earlier today and I once again became very thankful for Dustin Robert McNew. I truly would not be the woman I am today, if not for his presence in my life. He sees the diamond underneath and he's "polishing me till I shine"- (song quote from Brad Paisley- holla!) God does that but he uses D.R. to do that too in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love <3