Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lately

Many exciting things going on in my life.

We booked our Europe trip that we have been dreaming of! June 11-22 we will be roaming the streets of Rome, Venice, Florence, London, Lucerne (Switzerland) & Paris. Excited is the understatement of the century! It makes it extra sweet because I haven't seen my beloved husband in 5 and 1/2 months.

But before that....

D.R. informed me that I can come to Hattiesburg, MS on May 10 and spend the weekend with him! He has to demobilize for 2ish weeks but they are allowing families to visit on Mother's Day weekend. So off to Hattiesburg I go. My first time staying in Mississippi. I should probably drink a mudslide while I'm there.

I'm like a 17 year old going on a first date- nervous. What should I wear to drive over to Hattiesburg? A dress? Something sporty and comfy (which is what I would usually travel in) Give me your advice! It's weird to think I haven't had a date with my husband since December 6th. Ugh, waaaayyyy too long ago. So ready to get my hands on him.

Bert & Becky (my inlaws) have graciously treated us to a weekend at the beach (Orange Beach, AL to be exact) for Memorial Day weekend. And while there, D.R. has treated me with Lady Antebellum/ Jana Kramer tickets at The Wharf. What fun!!! cowboy boots and a jeans skirt is going in that suitcase. :) I love the beach. I grew up there and was that kid that loved to play in the sand and bake in the sun for hours- fond memories of eating sandwiches and watermelons, looking for seashells, riding waves on my purple boogie board and burying my sister in the sand. The ocean is my happy place. I am beyond blessed to be able to go back to my hometown and literally walk .9 miles to the Atlantic. The Gulf will suffice but there is nothing like the clear, serene water and familiar, non-touristy beaches of the Atlantic coast in West Palm.

More recent...very recent, exciting news, I'M AN AUNT!


My sister gave birth to her first child, a son. (...and she wrapped him in swaddling clothes...haha)
Jaxson Richard Wesley Wragg was born at 12:22p.m. April 15, 2013. Weighing 6lbs 13oz. Healthy, pink, precious baby boy.



Pure Joy


Family of three :)


It's killing me not to be down in FL holding him, making Kirstie meals and loving on her. I will see them in June at a wedding in Nashville.

I started attending a new women's Bible study on Sunday. We are studying Titus. It's so great to be back in a women's study- and it's inductive!!! Such a rich, deep way to study God's word. I can feel my heart already being softened to His word. He is truly satisfying when we spend time with Him.

For those of you who have read previous blog posts, I am making strides with the excessive exercise habits. I've asked the Lord to remove the strong, compulsive desires to exercise hard in order to burn a sufficient amount of calories. I now exercise to get a good sweat and don't monitor oxygen consumed and energy consumed. That was a vicious treadmill that never satisfies. I've been wanting to take my scale to the dumpster for about a week now. I haven't brought myself to do it yet. Still weighing in pretty much daily. My action plan and I'm sure God's application to His word will confirm, that I need to do away with it. It's holding me in bondage to worldly things. Why is the world so dang enticing? Happiness is NOT found when you're rail thin. In fact, I think I look old when I get too skinny. Anyways...God's still working on me, but I feel Him working. Praise to the Lamb!

I'm meeting my mother in law in Atlanta this Saturday. We are going to take a Pure Barre class, have lunch, go to a movie & or shop and...of course... stop by Trader Joe's to stock up on the cheap treasures that Columbus, GA does not offer. (Organic virgin coconut oil? dark chocolate pomegranate arils? cookie butter? goats milk soap--->amazing!! skinny popcorn... I could go on) I'm looking forward to it. I always enjoy time with Becky. We laugh a lot. Mostly about the men in our lives. God love em. :)

Tomorrow is my sweet husband's birthday. He'll be 28. He is a wise, generous, hospitable, witty, romantic, thoughtful man. He provides for me, loves our dog a whole lot and teaches me daily about Jesus' love for me. He reminds me of the Truth when I'm believing lies (often). He is thee best gift giver. He breaks into song when things get tense which always makes me laugh. He is discerning and protects me in so many ways regarding that. He's got great lips. He makes great pancakes- like IHOP quality- I cannot accomplish that. He loves his family and is a loyal friend. I'm so blessed to be his wife. I love you honey!

Well the countdown is on people. 24 days until I see D.R.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And... just a random picture of us that I like... because I miss him like crazy.


happy wednesday friends.

God is good.

4 comments:

  1. aww I'm so excited about May 10 for you! And I'm so thankful that Kirstie's birth went well, and Jax is healthy! And I'm praying for you often. Have fun with Becky this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are almost able to see him! Not much longer! And a trip to Europe...jealous and so happy for you!!!! :)

    Wear a dress. :)

    Congrats on your beautiful nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress Dress Dress!!!!!! It might help with the nerves.. i find that when i need a little confidence boost, wearing a new pretty (dress or jewelry) helps. ;) All very exciting news. Sounds you like you and your family are entering quite an exciting and lovely season. God is so good. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is light at the end of the tunnel...it's almost over and he will be home before you know it. I am so proud of you for being so strong and continuing to grow and learn while he has been away!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love <3