Friday, April 17, 2009

ABC's of being a good wife


Since it's my sweet husband, D.R's, birthday naturally I have been thinking about him a lot today. Thinking about the meal we'll share together tonight. About the movie we'll watch and laugh at together. About how we'll play with Champ together later tonight. And other stuff; wink. I found this in the book I'm reading, "Created to be his help meet" by Debi Pearl. It is a fabulous book telling how to be the wife God created you to be and how to make your husband truly adore you. Yeah, it's a must-read if you're a wife. Go here and read about the "3 different types of men" to determine which one yours leans towards. Mine is pretty obvious (Mr. Command Man) while he does show aspects of the other two also. Betty, seriously, you need to read this. Matt is 100% Mr. Visionary. :) While I was reading I was like, "Matt" and then a paragraph later, "Matt" again. lol

O.K. here's a fun ditty to read about who to be to your husband. :)

A-Admit when you are wrong.

B-Be positive

C-Cuddle
D-Do it his way
E-Encourage him

F-Fix his breakfast
G-Give back rubs

H-Hug often

I-"I love you" should be said many times daily
J-Joke around in a playful manner

K-Know his needs

L-Listen to him
M-Manage your home well

N-Never hold grudges
O-Open your eyes in the morning and smile

P-Pray for him daily

Q-Quit nagging him

R-Reminisce about good times

S-Show respect and honor
T-Trust, and earn his trust

U-Understand his need for reverence

V-Vulnerability is a feminine trait; cultivate it

W-Wink at him

X-X is for private time :)

Y-Yearn to please him

Z-Zealously guard him with your love

1 comment:

  1. "And once you get it into your head that your husband does not have to be “right” for you to follow him.." Very convicting. And I agree. So Matt!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love <3