I'm thankful for D.R. In this second year of marriage I've noticed how generous a husband I have. He is always thinking up ways to help people who don't have the blessings we have. He has a kingdom-perspective on money which I am trying to gain more of. He makes me laugh. No one really knows the goofy, silly D.R. like I do. Shhh.... he likes to sing his thoughts to me to a familiar tune- which ever one pops to his head at the moment. I try not to act amused sometimes but my tickle bone always gets me and I burst out laughing. He's a joy. I'm blessed to have a man who fears the Lord and longs to cultivate a deeper relationship with Christ every day. I'm glad I have a husband who cares more about my sanctification and presenting me without blemish than my circumstances & often faulty emotions. There's a song that is on Sara Groves latest c.d. called Fireflies & Songs and it says "I was drawn to you in ways I can't explain. We fought like crazy but I couldn't stay away. We piled on expectations and lots of blame. ; like we couldn't do it any other way." This was the beginning of our relationship- D.R. & I..... Sara Groves is unbelievable at putting to words what I feel in my heart. Anyways... put her new c.d. on your wishlist!
I'm thankful for our family and friends who are always there. I'm extra thankful for Kirstie, my younger sister. I've written about her a few times on here. We have a strong bond that I know is only possible because of the Lord's hand. Sisters are even better when they are your best friends. Love you Kirst. Mom and dad, I couldn't love you more. Thank you for raising me to love Jesus. It has been your best gift to me. Granny, oh granny... I don't think there's a memory of you that doesn't involve hugs and uplifting words and FUN! You taught me to embrace my silliness and be myself. I'm thankful for your generosity, your kindness, your love. Buddy: having you in the family is a delight. Thank you for your wisdom, discernment, hugs, and godliness.
I'm thankful for champ. He's been a good buddy to have during D.R.'s rotation hours.
I'm thankful for Grace Community Church. Our spiritual family. It's been a church body that I've grown the most because of. I love and know Christ more because of this body. You sharpen me, convict me, encourage me, correct me and continue to point me to the all-sufficient One.
I'm thankful for the ability to dance still. It's been a longtime passion of mine. I'm not one of those dancers who says "I feel most alive when I'm dancing". That's not true. Dance is a gift; an expression of art and life. But it is not my life. Dance has taught me that like most things in life, passions can become idols. God has granted me the grace to continue teaching dance because it's a way to express my devotion to Him. And so I am thankful I get to do that.
Most of all, I'm eternally thankful that the Creator of the universe thought of me and came to earth to purchase my salvation with His blood. I'm so glad He came and made a way for me to be with Him forever. I'll never grasp, this side of heaven, what it took for Him to pardon my sin. But now I get to be His child- his daughter. I get to sit at His feet and receive forgiveness and love. That's love I'll never be able to give; only receive.

And now for some little-ditty thanks :)
*bath and body works soap
*starbucks peppermint mocha
*iPod
*boots
*sunsets
*people who snort when they laugh (ahem... Jamie Shoe)
*sharpies
*sytycd
*target
*wildflowers in my backyard
*worship music
*kiwi
1 Chronicles 16:8
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave some comment love <3